My work bridges and unites a range of different disciplines:
- I design, curate and manage creative public engagement events, activities and projects. Recent work includes a community woodland event for Love Springwater Park, a celebration event in a supported housing scheme in Manchester as part of the launch of Manchester International Festival in 2017, and a six month creative residency in Hull working to put people living with dementia at the heart of UK City of Culture 2017.
- I run The Storybox Project – a ground breaking creative project which uses stories and imagination as a starting point to engage, enliven and empower people living with a dementia.
- I write publications and develop training – primarily focusing upon Ageing and Creativity. I have also been in a number of different international research programmes on the same theme. This has included work with / for Keele University, Making Space, National Football Museum, Manchester City of Trees and the Hereford Courtyard. I am currently editing a Treasury For Participatory Arts and Older People for The Baring Foundation.
- I direct and create performances. I have created work for a huge range of organisations including: Manchester City Council, Contact, Manchester International Festival, London College of Fashion / University of The Arts, The Royal Academy, LeftCoast, ALRA and The Library Theatre Company.
- I am an accredited coach and a member of the Association for Coaching. As a coach I love supporting individuals and organisations to identify what is really important to them, and how to make it happen.
- I am trained as a Permaculture designer, undertaking my Permaculture Design Course with Angus Soutar. I am currently working towards a Diploma in Permaculture Design.
- I am Director of Small Things Creative Projects – a social enterprise that uses creative approaches in contexts of learning, change and development.