I am currently working towards a Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design. This is a course of self-directed study that takes a minimum of two years during which I will be preparing ten designs that demonstrate my ability to apply permaculture ethics and principles and show my competence at using a range of design methods, tools and skills. You can read more about the diploma here and you can explore my diploma designs below.
- Action Learning Pathway – a design exploring the form that I would like my Diploma to take. I am undecided if this design will be included in my final portfolio.
- Mr Seel’s Garden – a project working with local people in Liverpool to develop a creative way to share stories around food heritage as part of a community celebration in culmination of a wider research project.
- Homebirth – developing a birth plan for the birth of my own baby.
- Nature’s Winter – a project creating a family friendly exhibition exploring the themes of weather and climate.
- Woodland Community Space – developing a communal space in a park close to where I live.
- Mud and Culture – a design to create a child led outdoor group which supports participants to explore and enjoy a range of outdoor spaces using the Permaculture Ethics as a foundation for exploration.
- Winter Salad Garden – creating a planting scheme in my garden to grow salad leaves and other greens during the winter months.
- Love Springwater Park – Action Plan – a design creating a themed action plan for the Love Springwater Park community group. This contains a range of project ideas which can be implemented by the group in the short, long and medium term and focussed upon maintaining and improving Springwater Park for the benefit of all.
- Beginners Guide to Invasive Plant Management – creating a guide sharing the experiences of Love Springwater Park volunteers developing a community led approach to invasive plant management in a public greenspace (Springwater Park). The guide will be aimed at other volunteer groups who are looking to tackle invasive plants in a public space.
- My Permaculture Life – creating a plan focused upon how I will continue to develop and grow my Permaculture Practice once I have completed my Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design.
Appendix 1 – Final Reflections
Appendix 2 – Review of Relevant Activities
Appendix 3 – Assessment Criteria