I am currently working towards a Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design. This is a course of self-directed study that takes a minimum of two years during which I will be preparing ten designs that demonstrate my ability to apply permaculture ethics and principles and show my competence at using a range of design methods, tools and skills. You can read more about the diploma here and you can explore my diploma designs below.
- Action Learning Pathway – a design exploring the form that I would like my Diploma to take. I am undecided if this design will be included in my final portfolio.
- Mr Seel’s Garden – a project working with local people in Liverpool to develop a creative way to share stories around food heritage as part of a community celebration in culmination of a wider research project.
- Homebirth – a design to develop a birth plan for the birth of my own baby.
- Nature’s Winter – a project creating a family friendly exhibition exploring the themes of weather and climate.
- Woodland Community Space – a design developing a communal space in a park close to where I live.
- Mud and Culture – a design to create a child led outdoor group which supports participants to explore and enjoy a range of outdoor spaces using the Permaculture Ethics as a foundation for exploration.
- Winter Salad Garden – a design to create a planting scheme in my garden to grow salad leaves and other greens during the winter months.